Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Couldn't Fall Asleep

Went to bed around 9:30 PM and felt pretty sleepy, but once I got into bed, I was wide awake. For some reason, while I was lying in bed, I started to think about the rented house Ben and I lived in for the first 3 years we were married. In my mind I started to see the layout of the house, the furniture, etc. and I started thinking about how much energy I had back then. I was in my early 30's, and after working 8 hours each day at Lockheed, I'd come home, fix dinner and then proceed to do my cleaning because I wanted our weekends free. I'd mop the kitchen, laundry room and bathroom, clean the bathroom, empty out the fridge and give it a good scrubbing and dust and vacuum every single week. On the evenings I wasn't doing housework, I'd go out and mow and edge the lawns. I LOVED yard work back then. After my work was done, I'd stay up and watch TV until about 11:00 PM and then hit the sack, get up around 6:00 AM the next morning and start all over again. I remember our neighbor across the street. Her name was Marie and she was in her 80's and she used to tell me that I reminded her of herself when she was young and she used to call me "The Spark Plug". Now I'm lucky if I get the housework done once a month - LOL.
Anyway, I finally decided to get up and come into the computer room and see if maybe going on-line would get me sleepy enough so I can go back to bed and fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay