Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Just Hiker And Me...Alone Again

Had a little trouble going to sleep last night so was very tired when I got up this morning, plus the fact that since Keith was here, we were walking/hiking 4 to 5 miles every day whereas Hiker and I usually only do 2 to 3 miles a day. I've been doing pretty good on these days leading up to the first anniversary of Ben's death, but last night after going to bed, I had a breakdown. I was watching “Great American Country” on TV while in bed and Carrie Underwood sang “How Great Thou Art” and it just got to me and I started to cry and cried for about 20 minutes. Keith went to my grief group with me today. Had a good attendance and good interaction. I didn't say much today because I was still “groggy” from not getting much sleep last night. After group we went to Alamo Mexican Rotisserie for lunch. DeDee and four other ladies from the group (Carol, Gin, Jane and Ruth) also joined us. Keith left to head home just before 2:00 pm. He was dreading that long drive back to Orange County. I love him visiting me as often as possible and I always hate to see Keith leave, but I'm getting used to being alone now. Don't know what got into Hiker yesterday...she was sitting on the sofa, squished in behind Keith. I tried to make her move so Keith could sit back and she bared her teeth to me and growled and then she snapped at me. She has never done that before, so I grabbed hold of her snout and held it shut and raised my voice to her telling her that what she had just done was bad. I think after the incident, she was trying to apologize to me because she kept kissing me, but she acted a little differently toward me the rest of the evening. It got up to around 90° today. It didn't feel that hot when we were sitting outside having lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay