Thursday, July 12, 2012

Not Just Hot But Muggy Too

It was totally overcast here when Hiker and I got out of bed this morning. We walked down to the park and I was thinking what a great morning it would be for a hike in the hills, but I had to take Hiker to the Vet Clinic for her shots this morning. When we got done at the clinic, it was still overcast, but by then it was over 80 ° and extremely humid, so didn't think a hike was a good idea. It went very well at the Clinic. Hiker was such a good girl. She didn't even flinch when they gave her the 3 separate injections. I was so proud of her. It went very quickly. You go and check in at one desk, then you go over to the vaccination desk where they give the shots and then you check out. I also got the rattlesnake vaccine for Hiker. She will have to go back for a second booster shot in 3 to 4 weeks and then she would get it once a year when she gets her other vaccinations. Hiker has put on 13 pounds since the rescue shelter first got her last July. At that time she weighed 31.5 lbs and now she weighs 44.7 lbs. But when the shelter first got her, she had been a stray running the streets and then she had been in the dog pound for about a week, so she probably had not been eating very well. I checked online and they said a healthy Aussie Cattle Dog should weigh between 44 and 62 lbs, so her weight is perfect right now. I was hoping that it would stay cool and overcast all day, but the sun started to peek out around 10:00 am. After lunch it was still overcast. It was in the 90's but because of the overcast and the humidity, it didn't feel as hot as it has for the past few days. Hiker and I drove over to Iron Horse Trail Head and walked around a little. We didn't go very far, just wanted to get out of the house for awhile. Got up to about 92° today.

My good girl.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay