Saturday, March 9, 2013

Beautiful Day After The Rain

Tried to sleep in this morning. Did pretty well until about 7:30 am when Hiker started bothering me to get up. Bright and sunny this morning. Put a load of laundry in the washer and turned on the TV. I have “Music Choice” on my cable TV so I decided to listed to some classic country music...Ernest Tubb, Patsy Cline, Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn, Merle Haggard, Dolly Parton. My mom was a huge country music fan. She was born in Oklahoma and grew up with it. She would have our radio playing country music all day when I was a kid. I recall the first song I can remember from when I was 3 years old was “Wabash Cannonball” by Roy Acuff so I guess you could say I grew up with it too. For some reason I was teary eyed a lot of the day. People who think that grief finally goes away are wrong. I will go along for days and be fine, then all of a sudden one day it hits you like a ton of bricks again. Thank goodness for my Hiker girl because it would much worse if she was not in my life. Took Hiker out for a walk around 10:30 am. What a beautiful day it was outside. I got all of my clocks changed and checked the batteries in my smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Hiker loved the weather today. She spent several hours outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay