Monday, February 13, 2012

Still Not Much Rain

Dark and cloudy when we (me and Hiker) got up this morning. I made breakfast and then cleaned the small bathroom. It started raining around 8:30 am but around 9:30 am the sun was out again. We just cannot get a good rain here this year. My friend Linda and I were supposed to meet Ben's friend Ed up at the Sunland Sizzler for lunch today but Linda texted me yesterday saying that she had the stomach flu or something. I contacted Ed and canceled lunch because I didn't really want to drive in the rain alone, plus even though I've known Ed for about 30 years, I just feel strange meeting him alone for lunch. Maybe that seems strange but that's just how I feel. I've been wanting to buy some corduroy jeans for awhile and I saw some on the JCPenney website. It said that they were “available in stores” but naturally when I checked, the are NOT available in the store nearest to me. I drove over to Wal-Mart to see if maybe they had them, but they don't even carry corduroy anymore. I remember years ago when I wore cords, you buy them almost anywhere. While at Wal-Mart, I purchased a candle warmer and a candle in a jar that smells like Mandarin Orange Zest. Took Hiker our for an EXTREMELY short walk. The sky looked very threatening plus for some reason today, I'm feeling tired and a little sad. Didn't feel like being out for long. Could just be the gloomy weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay