Thursday, November 11, 2010

Always Wash Your Hands

Since Ben had his eye surgery, I've had to put drops into his left eye 3 to 4 times a day. One of the drops actually dilates his pupil. Well stupid me...I put the drop that dilates his eye into his eye this morning. Before I washed my hands, I rubbed my eye because it was itching. Without realizing it, I got some of his eye drops into my eye. Must have gotten some on my finger when I was putting the drops into his eye. Well I started noticing that my vision was getting blurry in my left eye and when I looked into the mirror, my pupil was dilated! Now I'm using plastic gloves when I put the drops into his eye and as soon as the gloves come off, I scrubbing my hands with soap and water.
I never stopped to think that just getting a little bit of that stuff on my finger and then rubbing my eye would do that.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, Kay. . . . guess we still learn not matter how much older we are. . . hugs, Nance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for warning us. Sometime we just don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of washing your hands, you asked about soap making. I wrote a bit about it

    http://cicerosings.blogspot.com/2007/10/soap-making.html

    and

    http://cicerosings.blogspot.com/2007/10/soap-making-continued.html

    There are a lot of sites on the internet that show the how to process.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay