Thursday, February 18, 2010

Busy Hiking

I have not posted on this blog for a few days. I've been so busy hiking that all of my posting has gone on my other blog Hiking With An "Old" Woman and I've been neglecting this blog.
The weather here in SoCal has been like summer! For the past week, we've been in the high 70's, low 80's and the sky has been so blue and clear.
I got in two really nice hikes this week. Both with a lot of greenery and babbling streams. We do not have streams around here year-round as we are in a desert, but when we have rain during January, Februay and March, the streams in the mountains start to flow and I just cannot resist getting out there to photograph them.
This morning instead of hiking, I went for a nice 1.5 mile walk around Bridgeport Lake and enjoyed the sounds of the birds and also watching the ducks and geese in the lake.
We are supposed to get more rain this weekend, so I guess there will not be any hikes for a few days.
Here are a couple of photos from my two hikes this week. If you have not checked out my hiking blog, I hope you will check it out.

The Narrows In Towsley Canyon


Whitney Canyon Waterfall

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay