Saturday, July 31, 2010

Santa Paula & Fillmore, CA

This morning I drove up to the Citrus Hot Air Balloon Festival in Santa Paula, CA. They have it for 2 days every year at this time. I went last year and found there was a thick marine layer so the balloons stayed tethered instead of lifting off because of the fog. I was hoping that this year it would be clear and all week there was no marine layer, but then this morning as I was driving up there, I ran into a marine layer just past Fillmore which is about 10 miles south of Santa Paula. So once again, they remained tethered instead of lifting off. They really need to schedule it at a different time of year so their won't be any fog.




Passed by this nursery and saw these really strange figurines.

On the way back home, I stopped in Fillmore to take some photos in the city park where they have their city hall and train rides on the weekends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay