Thursday, June 24, 2010

Got Myself A New Cell Phone

Went to my local Verizon Store this morning and got myself a new cell phone. I never really cared for the one I got last time and my "Every 2 Upgrade" time was here, so thought I'd take advantage and replace it with a new phone.
I got a Samsung Alias 2 (see photo below). The photo shows the outside of the phone, the "normal" phone usage area and the "qwerty" screen for texting. It' flips open two different ways.
I've just started texting a little so I wanted a "qwerty" screen because it was taking me forever to text with the "normal" cell phone screen. I had never texted until about a month ago. My brother showed me how to do it. I don't do it a lot, but it's nice now and then.
With the new phone I had to purchase a "data package" so I can access the Internet and send emails.. Just another way for them to get money out of you. I went with the cheapest package because I really doubt I'll be on the Internet much and I'll ONLY send emails when I'm not near my computer. Good thing my brother is coming to visit this weekend. He can show me how to access the email function. I have no idea where it is or how to use it.
Anyway, I think I have the phone set up the way I want it for now. Took awhile to figure things out, but I did.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kay.... You have a very fancy phone. We have Verizon and I have a good keyboard --since I text my sons... I enjoy texting --and it's the only way I can get my sons to contact me!!!! ha

    But I don't have the internet with mine... Doubt I'd ever use it since I have the laptop...

    Congrats... Hope you enjoy your new 'toy'..
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice looking phone, I really like the size of the qwerty keypad. Those make texting so much easier.

    I have internet on my phone and use it quite a bit. On our last road trip it was nice to search for restaurants, hotels, etc. It also give me something to do while waiting in line.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay