Friday, May 22, 2009

Just Hangin' Out At Home Friday

I've just been hanging out at home today, the start of a long weekend for most people. But when you are retired, every day is the weekend. You no longer sit at work looking forward to getting off for an extra day. I remember those days. Starting Monday morning, all I did was tell myself "you can make it through this week because you get a long weekend". I dreamed of the day I would never have to do that again.
We never go anywhere on holiday weekends. Too many people everywhere and too many crazy drivers on the highway. I remember one time many years ago, we went to Vegas for the Memorial Day weekend. What a mistake! Going up was not bad but coming home took us 8 hours when it should have only taken about 4 hours.
Ben has to work tomorrow anyway. He works every other Saturday and this is it.

1 comment:

  1. So very nice to meet you. Thanks for visiting and I've been enjoying your posts just now also. I see you join me in loving the movie "Somewhere in Time." We do not have children either but I enjoy nieces/nephews and now great nieces. My husband is disabled and I stay at home with him. We've been married 16 years. This blog made me laugh because on Friday, we bought everything we even thought we might need so we would not have to get out on a holiday weekend!!!!! We avoid crowds and traffic whenever we can. I'm adding myself so I can follow your blog also. Enjoy a peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay