Saturday, August 15, 2009

Keeping Busy On A Saturday

This was Ben's Saturday to work at the Auto Parts Delivery place. I was trying to figure out what to do with myself all day. Decided to go out and clean up my front flower bed as my glads have all died and I needed to cut out the dead stalks. Also cut back the 2 rose bushes I have in that bed. In the Spring, the flower bed looks so pretty, but by mid-summer, it looks like a jungle.
Finished that chore and came in to have breakfast, then decided to take a drive over to the Placerita Nature Center. Did go to hike this time. Just wanted to be outside in the beautiful weather. I walked along the Heritage Trail over to The Oak Of The Golden Dream and then back to the picnic area under the grove of oak trees. Sat on the bench and watched a few squirrels and then just walked around the grounds of the nature center.


The Boy Scouts put these bird houses up to attract the native birds of the area.

The beginning of the Canyon Trail.

Window of the Walker Cabin.

Walker Cabin.

Walker Cabin.
_____________________________________________
God's Oak Trees







No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay