Friday, September 3, 2010

Do You Remember Glen Campbell?

Glen Travis Campbell was born in Arkansas in 1936.
He was one of 12 children of a poor sharecropper.
Glen started learning to play the guitar at a very young age. At age 18 he moved to California where he was in the group "The Champs" who recorded the song "Tequila".
In the mid-1960's he was a member of "The Beach Boys" and traveled with them playing bass guitar.
In the 1970's he had his own television show "The Glen Campbell Good Time Hour".
Glen is still singing and touring today.
Some of his hit songs were "Wichita Lineman", "Galveston", "Gentle on My Mind" and "By the Time I Get to Phoenix".
His biggest hit was "Rhinestone Cowboy".



1 comment:

  1. Of course I remember Glen Campbell.. When I was teaching school in the late '60's I owned a cute little camaro. In that car, I had an 8-track tape player... In that tape player was playing Rhinestone Cowboy--and other great songs of that era.... LOVED those days!!!

    Thanks for the memories, Kay.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay