Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Really Meant To Go For A Hike

This was Ben's Saturday to work, so I decided to go over to Towsley Canyon for a hike. I got over to Towsley around 8:30 a.m. and parked the car then headed up the road towards the trail. I had hiked about one mile, heading for The Narrows when I realized I needed to go to the bathroom. We old people are like that (LOL). When we have to go, we have to go NOW! I was only about 1/4 mile from the restrooms in the Ed Davis Park, so I headed back down the trail to the park. After I did what I went there for, I noticed a sign that read "Nature Center Open Today". I had no idea they even had nature center there. It's a very small one in a room about the size of my living room. There was a very nice volunteer there and she greeted me and since I was the only there, we discussed all of the different displays they had. I stayed for about 20 minutes, looking at the stuffed animals, fossils and Indian relics. After leaving the nature center, I decided to head back down the trail to my car instead of continuing my hike to The Narrows.
As I headed out of the park, I snapped a few photos of what I thing was a black bird of some kind, a baby jack rabbit and some California Quail.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay