Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Afternoon

This morning, Ben and I got in the car and headed out for me to check out three possible future hiking sites. We headed over toward Simi Valley, CA to an area knows as "Rocky Peak". There is a park there just off the freeway. There was nowhere for us to park, but at least I was able to find the place and it looked promising. We then drove over to a place called Sage Ranch Park. It is way back up in a rock canyon known as "Box Canyon". There are a lot of cool rock formations there and some great views of both the Simi Valley and the San Fernando Valley. It looked really promising too.


The last place we headed for was a place called Santa Susana State Historic Park just outside of Chatsworth, CA. When we got to the gate of the park, it was all fenced off and there was a sign saying "park closed for your safety". I don't know what that was all about.

My friend Linda and I are running out of areas to hike here in the Santa Clarita Valley. I've hiked all the trails here several times and there are now only one or two that she has not hiked since she started hiking with me back in December. We need to start branching out to other areas before we start to "re-hike" the trails here in our valley.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad the Santa Susana is closed, maybe it's just until it greens up more. Who knows...maybe restoration of the trails? Ya never know when the gov. is involved. Happy trails to you girls...you don't get to n WI doya...I'll walk withya. LOL
    BlessYourHearts

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay