Sunday, August 29, 2010

Do You Remember Annette Funicello?

Annette Joanne Funicello was born in New York in 1942.
At age 12 in 1955, she because one of the original Mouseketeers on "The Mickey Mouse Club".
Besides being on the TV show, she also sang and starred in some "beach" movies with Frankie Avalon.
Annette is now wheelchair bound due to multiple sclerosis and it was rumored in 2009 that she had died from her disease, however, the rumor was not true.
She never really had any "huge" hit songs as she was more known for being a Mouseketeer and her movies, however, here one song that did well was "Tall Paul".



2 comments:

  1. Annette was my favorite Mouseketeer besides Darla. I loved Darla's ponytail :) This was fun! Thank you Kay!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes---I remember her well... I even remember when we found out that she has MS... I have a good friend with MS--so I've been very interested in that disease.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay