Saturday, August 28, 2010

Do You Remember Conway Twitty?

Conway Twitty was born Harold Lloyd Jenkins in 1933.
He was both a "rock & roll" singer (1950's) and a country singer (1960's to 1990's).
Conway had many hit songs during his career.
He teamed up with Loretta Lynn for several of his hits.
Conway passed away in 1993 from an abdominal aortic aneurysm while on tour.
Some of his hits included songs like "Hello Darlin'", "That's My Job", "Tight Fittin' Jeans", "Linda On My Mind", and "Slow Hand". My favorite was "It's Only Make Believe".



2 comments:

  1. Yes --I definitely remember Conway Twitty --but I never knew that he ever did country music. What is he doing now????

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was country when country wasn't cool...I loved Conway and Loretta, still do. Went to many concerts and have photos and autograghs. Sad that artists don't stay around and sign autographs like they used too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay