Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Update On My Husband's Eye Problem

Today we went over to the Kaiser Medical Center over in Panorama City, CA.
We got there early because we were not really sure where we were going, but it turned out there wasn't much traffic and we found the place with no problem.
Anyway, they took some photos of the back of his eye with some kind of camera that can see through your eyelid. Strange.
It only took about 2 or 3 minutes to take the photos. We sat in the waiting room longer than that.
When we got back home, the doctor's office called and said that the doctor had looked at the photos and wants Ben to come back on Friday to have veggie oil injected into his veins and that they are going to take more photos of the inside of his eye.
I had this procedure done about 5 or 6 years ago when I had a vein break in the back of my eye. This is how they can tell if the vein is still leaking blood or if it has started to heal. It doesn't hurt, but it is annoying because of the bright light they shine in you eye.
They say that some people throw up from the veggie oil, but it didn't bother me when I had it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay