Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Exercise Bike

After Ben left for work this morning, I pulled all of the parts of my new exercise bike out of the box, along with all of the nuts, bolts and washers, which to my surprise, were very well marked and packaged so there was no way you could use the wrong hardware on the parts as you assemble the bike.
The instructions stated that it takes 2 people to assemble the bike, but I did it all by myself and it took me about 2 hours to complete the assembly.
The seat is very comfortable. When "riding" the bike, it is very quiet, which is nice for watching TV while you are cycling.
I did my first session on the bike about an hour after I had my lunch and was very please with how everything worked. It has a monitor that shows you your RPM's, your speed, your time, your miles, calories burned and your pulse rate.
I did 30 minutes with ease. It showed that I did 6.71 miles and that I burned about 120 calories. Of course, I have the tension set on "1" right now until I get used to it. My older brother has the same bike and he claims that the calorie monitor does not show the "true" amount of calories burned. He purchased a "heart rate" wrist watch because he feels the watch gives him a more accurate count on calories burned.
So far I am very happy with the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay