Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hump Day

I was sound asleep, or so I thought, at 1 am this morning when I heard one sharp bark. I'm surprised it woke me up, but when it did, I noticed Hiker was not on the bed. I called her name but she didn't come, so I got up and found her sitting by the sliding door looking up at the handle which usually means she needs to go potty. I let her outside and she peed and then came right back into the house and headed right back to bed. What is strange about this is that this is the first time ever in the two years I've had her, that she has gotten me up in the middle of the night to go potty. She has always held it all night so she must really had to go bad. She still woke me again a little after 6 am to go outside again and then we went back to bed for a little while. When we got up, we had some breakfast and then headed up to Stater Brothers so I could do my grocery shopping. Hiker waited in the car for me. After lunch we drove over to the Placerita Canyon Nature Center and walked around. Weather was pretty nice and there were a lot of people there since school is still out here for Winter Break. Every time I am out on the trails, people always stop me and ask me if I am familiar with the area and they ask me all kinds of questions. I must look as if I belong there or something (LOL).

3 comments:

  1. When you have to go you have to go. Good thing she let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs are a lot like people , they have to pee more at times then others and they also can have sensitive tummies to ! If Hiker is still peeing a lot and drinking a lot of water you may want to see your vet as this could be a sign of Diabetes yes dogs and cats get some of the same illnesses as humans to . love your header of the two of you ! Have a good day .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sweet that you can get so much time in with your dog! Thanks for stopping by my blog again recently. It's been a crazy year and I had stepped away from blogging in any consistent manner for a while. I'm loving the background on your blog by the way. You noticed I got a new dog in my life and to be honest I'm not sure what he is. He is a rescue dog and they suggested part collie (which I agree with based on intelligence and his ears). He has the colorings of a gordon setter mix too though. :)

    It's amazing what a difference animals can make with keeping up our spirits. I'm also reading some of your posts about the grief counseling. I hope that the group is working well for you and that the new year brings you lots of joy!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay