Saturday, April 12, 2014

Simple Saturday

Slept in about a hour this morning then headed over to pick Jean up as we were going to the Earth/Arbor Day Event at Central Park. Before we went there, Jean wanted to go by the college to the HazMat materials drop off. She had some old cans of paint she wanted to get rid of. By the time we got to the park, there were already a lot of people there. A lot of them get their early to get the free bags of mulch and the free trees. Didn't seem as though there were as many booths at the event this year and they were not giving away as many good free goodies as they did last year, which is actually the main reason we go. But I always enjoy talking with the fire fighters, sheriffs and foresters. Ran into a couple of Jean's friends there and I ran into my friend Linda Clark from my grief support group. This year the weather was cooler for the event than it was last year. Actually had to wear a sweater. Got back home just in time to let my gardener into the back yard so he could mow it. As usual, Hiker was excited to see me. I know she hates it when I have to leave her at home. I could take her to the Earth/Arbor Day Event because it is in the park and a lot of other people take their dogs, but it would be hard to look at things if I had to keep an eye on her. Stayed a little hazy all day and in the mid-60s.

Saw this white poppy in our community which is strange because our California poppies are usually yellow or orange.

1 comment:

  1. The Earth/Arbor Day Event sounds like a nice community gathering. LOVE the white poppy. Pretty, indeed.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay