Thursday, April 24, 2014

What A Fun Day I Had!

Had such a fun day today. Hiker and I got up around 7 am and I got ready to go over to the senior center and pick up some of the ladies from my support group (Linda Clark, Jane Hagar & Carol Blackstone. We then headed up the 210 Freeway to La Canada to Descanso Gardens...a huge botanical garden. DeDee Parenteau who is also a part of our group met us there. The five of us spent the morning wandering through the poppies, roses, azaleas, camellias, irises, lilacs and other native plants. There were birds of all kinds plus Koi fish, turtles, frogs, etc. I have been there several times, so I really enjoyed sharing this beautiful place with my friends. This was our first outing together, other than going to lunch after or support group on Tuesdays. I think the ladies really enjoyed the Japanese garden there. On the way home, we stopped in Montrose, CA to have lunch. We had no idea where we wanted to go, so DeDee suggested a few places. We ended up at The Star Cafe which is an Italian place and we had a good meal and a great time just talking with each other. We said so long to DeDee and headed back down the freeway to Santa Clarita where I dropped the ladies back at the senior center and then I headed home to Hiker, who was so happy to see me. She just kept jumping up at me and kissing me. I was gone a little longer than I normally am when I go out with friends, so I guess she really missed me.

Our "selfie" (Eat your heart out Ellen LOL!)

Jane Hagar, Carol Blackstone, DeDee Parenteau, Linda Clark and me up front.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a fabulous way to spend a day. LOVE the selfie.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay