Monday, July 14, 2014

Cloudy And Humid

I set my alarm for 6 am this morning so Hiker and I could do our dog walk with Jean and her dogs. When my alarm went off, I opened my eyes and it was dark in my bedroom. I was wondering why did my alarm went off too early then I looked at the clock and saw that it was 6 am. I looked outside and saw that the sky was totally cloudy. Checked the temperature at 6 am and it was 70° with 73% humidity. The morning news said that we are having monsoonal moisture and we have a chance of thunder storms.
Did our walk with Jean. It was very warm and sticky and the bugs were eating me alive. These little gnats kept attacking my ears.
After the walk, we let the dogs play for awhile in the yard and then after Jean went home, I had some breakfast and then headed over to Sam's Club.
It was still cloudy, hot and sticky when I got back home. I noticed that one of my sprinkler heads had gotten eaten up by my gardener's mower so I spent about 30 minutes finding a sprinkler head that worked and adjusting it so it didn't spray all over the house.
Stayed cloudy all day. Had a few sprinkles now and then, but nothing much.
I did a little housework after lunch. Have more to do later in the week. I used to do all of my housework in one day but since I've gotten older, I don't do that anymore.
The thermometer on my patio showed 82° so Hiker and I went out there to sit for while, but the bugs started eating me up again. I do not ever remember humidity like this here or the bugs attacking me so much.

3 comments:

  1. We are getting storms and will be very cool this week. That will make for a nice walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiker looks like a doll. Seems the gardener should be responsible for the damaged sprinkler heads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture of Hiker.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay