Saturday, July 12, 2014

Lazy Summer Day

I have been watching so many movies on Netflix lately. Last night I watched one called “Heaven's Door”. It was another one that I had never heard of. It might have been a TV movie at one time.
Didn't get out of bed until 8 am this morning. I did get up at 6 am and let Hiker go outside to potty, but we went back to bed and I feel back to sleep. Figured I didn't have anything to do today so there was no harm in sleeping in.
I do get mad at myself though because I find it so easy to not get up and go for early morning walks when I know I should be doing that. I used to really enjoy my morning walks when I first retired. I looked forward to them. I think it was because after working 37+ years, it was so nice to be able to do what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it. What makes me so mad is that during the summer, I know that if I don't get out in the morning for some exercise that I won't get out in the afternoon because it is usually too hot. I'm going to set my alarm to get up at 6 am tomorrow so Hiker and I can go for a morning walk before it gets too hot outside.
Did a load of laundry today, but not much else.
My brother Ron called me and we chatted for about 30 minutes then I had some lunch. Now I'm going to settle down (as if I haven't been resting all day LOL) and watch a movie on Netflix.

Here is a photo of Hiker trying to peek through the fence at my neighbor's dog Cayenne.

1 comment:

  1. Sleeping in is good for the spirit. That movie you watched sounds familiar.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay