Thursday, June 4, 2009

Getting Back Into My Routine

Funny how just a couple days away from home can get your out of your normal routine.
Today I had to get back to sending my husband off to work, taking my morning walk, running to the market, etc.
Yesterday after we got back from our mini-vacation, we had the supervisor of the work crew in our gated community come by to give us an estimate on repairing some siding and woodwork on the outside of our house and also having the entire outside of the house painted. Called him again this morning to have him come by to pickup our deposit check to start the work. He said they will be here first thing Saturday morning.
I've also been searching the Web to try to come up with some other short trips for my husband and me to take. I told him I'd like to start going somewhere every 2 or 3 months. I'm trying to find places that are no more than 200 miles from our home here in Canyon Country. I'm trying to find towns that have interesting sites and/or history or unusual roadside attractions or museums. I love old historic towns that have NOT updated anything but have restored everything to it's original condition.
One place I'm looking into is the Iron Zoo near Coalinga, CA. Here is a link about it:
http://www.offbeattravel.com/coalinga.html
If you live in California within 200 to 300 miles from Los Angeles and you know of any such places, please let me know about them so I can check them out online. I'd appreciate it.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay