Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Beautiful Day In SoCal

Got up at 6 am this morning because I knew that my handyman would be here at 8 am to see if he could fix my toilet in the master bathroom. He was right on time and he looked to see what parts he would need and then headed over to Home Depot and Lowes to see if they had the parts. Well because my toilet is an old model, they don’t keep the parts in stock so he had to have them ordered. He called me and said hopefully the parts will be in on Monday and he will come by after he gets off work here in the community to fix it. Thank goodness I have another bathroom, but I have to walk to the other side of the house to go to the bathroom at night. But I guess that’s better than going outside to an outhouse (LOL).
Because I got up early, I was able to see something cool. I turned on the local news at 6 am and they were reporting about the launch of a satellite from Vandenberg AFB which is about 150 miles west of where I live. They showed the launch live, so I grabbed my camera and watched out the back window. About 2 minutes after the launch, I saw the tiny red dot from the flames of the rocket as it shot straight up into the air. After about 4 minutes, it headed south and a contrail started to appear. I watched it until it was out of sight.
The day after we have a rain is always beautiful here in the Santa Clarita Valley and today was no exception. After lunch, I took Hiker over to Whitney Canyon for a 2 mile walk. This is a beautiful time of year to go hiking because the sky is so blue, we usually have big fluffy clouds and the hills are so green. No wildflowers yet though.
Got into the mid 70’s here today.

Here is a photo I took this morning of the satellite launch


Here is a photo I took this after while Hiker and I were out hiking

2 comments:

  1. How cool was that seeing the satellite from Vandenberg. And to have a picture. Glad you and Hiker were able to head out on a trail today. Hope your toilet gets fixed asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Kay get with it, it is February. So glad Jan. is over.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay