Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Kay's Day - 07/05/2011

Went to bed last night around 11:15 pm and fell asleep around 11:45 pm or so. I took a sleep aid around 10:00 pm. Around 8:45 pm last night, I went outside to see if I could see the International Space Station when it flew over, and I did see it. Then the fireworks started going off, so I stayed outside for awhile to watch them. Came inside around 9:30 pm. I had noticed that "something" had "taken" the cube of rat poison I had placed in 3 areas of the patio. I figured it was the rat. Around 10:00 pm, I looked out at the patio from the sliding door and saw not just one rat, but about 5 of them. The big one that I saw the other night must be a mama because there were 4 little ones out there now too. They rat when I turned on the patio light and I saw that the were running to the side of the garage, so this morning I went out to look in that area to see how they were getting into the back yard. I saw that there was a space between the fence and the garage that was just the right size for them to squeeze through. I put a brick over the space on one side of the fence and on the other side, I put a piece of wood so hopefully now they won't be able to get into the back yard. Will watch tonight. Got up just before 7:00 am. I needed to call the Lockheed Employee Service Center on the east coast to make sure they would take Ben off of my Kaiser Health Insurance Plan so I won't have to keep paying premiums on him and to find out if they needed an original copy or a photo-copy of his death certificate. So I got that taken care of. I emailed the agent who handles our car insurance, homeowner's insurance and earthquake insurance to make an appointment with them to come by and get his name off of those policies. Waiting to hear back from them on that. Left around 9:30 am to head over to the senior center to my grief support group. My friend DeDee met me there in the parking lot. We had a full house there today…had a lot of good discussion. There is a guy named Pete in the group. Don't know when he lost his wife, but it was interesting to discover that men have the same pain and feelings that we woman have when we lose our spouse. After the group, DeDee and I went to Round Table Pizza for lunch. As usual we sat there for over 2 hours just talking about our husbands. We always lose track of time doing that. On the way home I stopped by the drug store and picked up some "Tears" eye drops. My eyes have been so tired and sore from the crying. Now I'm sitting here watching reruns of "The Ghost Whisperer".

1 comment:

  1. I resorted to sleeping pills for a while too after Jake died.Thankfuly I didn't need them very long.All this running around and getting things taken care of will end.I know I found it very exhausting.


I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.