Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wednesday Was Pretty Good

Actually got sleep last night. I took a sleep aid around 9:45 pm before I watched “Hawthorne”. Went to bed at 11:00 PM and went to sleep around 10 or 15 minutes after my head hit the pillow. Woke up a couple of times during the night but was able to go back to sleep. I woke up around 5:30 am but dozed off again. Turned on the morning news at 6:00 am and got out of bed at 7:00 am. Linda and DeDee got here around 9:00 am and we headed up to Ventura, CA. We first went to a park high on a hill looking over the city of Ventura and the Pacific ocean. Took a few photographs there, then headed down into town. We walked down Main Street and checked out a few thrift stores then we went to a 50's Diner called The Busy Bee. After lunch the sun had finally popped through the clouds so we drove back up to the park on the hill again to see if we could get some better photos as it had been overcast when we went there in the morning. Then we drove over to Ventura Harbor Village and walked around there for awhile. The harbor is across the street from the beach, so we went over there and walked down to the breakwater. On the way home, we stopped in Fillmore, CA at their railroad station and City Hall to walk around some and then we stopped by the Fillmore Fish Hatchery to check out the wetlands and take some photos of some herons. Got back home around 4:30 pm. All in all, it was a pretty nice day with my good friends. The only thing that I kept thinking about was that I felt like Ben was at work and I was just out with friends for the day and that Ben would be home from work around 5:00 pm. Then when I came into the empty house, reality came back.


  1. Glad to hear that most of the day went well.Reality is hard to accept at times.Hope tonight is another good night.

  2. I'm glad you were able to get a little better sleep last night. To top it off you had a good day out with friends. Take care, Sheila


I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.