Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

Had one happy doggie today. She got to ride with me to Wal-Mart while I did my shopping and when we got home, she found out there was a new doggie toy in the bags. But whoever made the toy obviously made it for a “foo foo dog” who doesn't play rough because within 5 minutes, she had its head torn off. It's a piece of rope with the head and tail of a raccoon at each end. They had the head (and tail) sewn on with just one little piece of thread. So I got out the heavy duty thread (twine) and sewed the head back on for her. They she proceeded to tear the tail off, so I had to fix it too. Anyway after we did the fix on “Rocky” we went for a 1.5 mile walk which really made Hiker happy. She was just prancing along while I was getting winded because I'm still not totally over this cold. After lunch Hiker and I went into the backyard to play ball. She ran in front of where I was throwing the ball and it hit her right in the face. She yipped a little but then ran after the ball. I felt bad for hitting her with the ball, but she seemed OK after. Beautiful day outside. Sunny, clear, 75° and breezy. Another wasted hiking day. Sure will be glad when I am totally rid of this cold so Hiker and I can get out on the mountain trails again. I'm sure she is looking forward to that also. Decided to go for a second walk today. Hiker and I walked around inside our gated community. Did another 1.1 mile. When we got home, she was tired and went to sleep on the sofa next to me. I think she had a good day (except for getting hit in the face with a tennis ball).


1 comment:

  1. Funny, Kay! Hiker looks cute with her toy. My dogs have done the same rip them apart within seconds. I have been sticking to tennis balls. I hope you are feeling better now. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay