Thursday, February 23, 2012

Got In A Hike Today

Went to bed early last night since I had not slept well the night before. Another beautiful morning when Hiker and I got out of bed. I decided to take her for a hike over in Towsley Canyon. We hiked up our favorite trail there which took us to The Narrows. It's about 3 miles there and back to the parking lot. I stopped to get gas on the way. Paid $4.02 per gallon at Sam's Club. I noticed that the other gas stations were charging $4.23 to $4.25 per gallon. I'm glad I'm not commuting anymore. By the time we got to Towsley Canyon, the temperature was already in the 70's. Got a little warm walking up into the canyon but when we got into The Narrows, it was nice and cool. There are always a lot of hikers in that canyon when I go there. Doesn't matter if it's a weekend or a week day, the parking lot is always full. On the way back to the car, the balls of my feet started to feel like I was getting blisters, which is strange because I was wearing my thick socks with my hiking boots. My feet were killing me by the time I got back to the 4Runner. When I got home and took off my boots and socks, it looked more like calluses instead of blisters. Hiker has a new thing she does now. I have one of those tin containers that you buy those big bags of flavored popcorn in. I have it next to the fireplace and I have been putting Hiker's toys in it when we put them away at night. Well now in the morning when she wants her toys, she will go sit by the container and bark. I take the lid off of it and lay the container on its side and Hiker puts her nose in the container and removes one toy at a time until she has them all over the living room. I'm going to try to get a video of her doing it so I can post it. It's so cute. It got up to 86° here today. They say it will start cooling down each day and next week be back to “normal”.






1 comment:

  1. That is some pretty scenery. Cute what Hiker does about her toys. Helen

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay