TURN VANILLA ICE CREAM INTO COFFEE ICE CREAM
1. Soften ice cream to a consistency where you can mix it (not watery – still a little thick. You can put it in the microwave for a seconds to help.
2. Put ice cream in a large mixing bowl.
3. Boil about ¼ cup of water.
4. Put 2 to 4 tablespoons of instant coffee into a small bowl or cup.
5. Make sure that ice cream is now about the consistency of a thick malt.
6. Once the water is boiling, put about 2 or 3 drops into the instant coffee and stir. You want the coffee to be about as thick as pancake syrup, so do not add too much water.
7. Pour syrup into the softened vanilla ice cream and stir for a minute or two and then let it sit for about 4 minutes and stir it again. Do this a few times until all of the coffee syrup is mixed into the ice cream.
8. Pour the softened ice cream into a plastic container (like Tupperware) and freeze for about 6 to 8 hours.