Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Still Setting Up New Laptop

Slept in for about an hour this morning. I wanted to get on my new laptop and on my other 2 laptops and get all of my email accounts set up to where they had all of the same contacts, etc. Spent most of the day taking care of that and also tweaking the new laptop.
Having a problem getting the Home Groups on my network to perform correctly though. I can share folders from my 2 older laptops so that the folder show up on my new laptop, but for some reason, I cannot get the folder I want to share from my new laptop to show up on the 2 old ones. It keeps asking me for a password. I have tried using my “normal” password but it doesn’t seem to like that one.
I have checked all of the computer to see if I need to check or un-check a security rule, but have not found anything yet.
The only thing I can think of is that because my 2 old laptops are Windows 7 and the new one is Windows 8, that there is a security block somewhere between the two operating systems.
Was a little cooler today, but still way too hot to go out in the afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. you are probably right about there being a security block. Good luck troubleshooting that, though.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay