Friday, February 13, 2015

A Hike And A Good Lunch

Got up at 6 am this morning as we had our regular dog walk with Jean. I had been in the middle of a dream when my alarm went off. I was dreaming that I went to work part time at some fast food place and I was expected to know what to do without anyone training me. Glad I woke up!
We had seven dogs this morning, including Hiker and Jean’s three dogs. She is dog sitting three other dogs. We headed off on our normal route, but for some reason, Ebony never wants to leave the community. She just sits down and won’t move, but she’s fine as long as we walk around in our neighborhood.
We took the dogs back to my house to play. Was hoping Hiker would play with Schnorkie again, but she was a little shy with all of the extra dogs here.
Around 9:30 am, Jean and I headed over to where the old Corriganville Movie Ranch was in Simi Valley for a 1.5 mile hike. It was about 80° and it felt like summer. Too hot for February. After leaving Corriganville, we drove into the town of Simi Valley to a place called The Hat. They are famous for their pastrami sandwiches, but neither of us like pastrami, so I had a burger and Jean had a steak sandwich. We also ordered their special chili cheese fries. They come in a huge basket so we ended up bringing about half of them home.

My neighbor Jean enjoying the chili cheese fries:

2 comments:

  1. Jean looks sweet trying to gobble up those fries. WHAT a huge basket of them. I'll trade you your 80 degrees. The high here is supposed to be 5 degrees. And the low 6 below with windchills bringing the temp to 30 below. It is cold. But your nice dog walk story warmed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Those look good! Not healthy, but good. You walk all the time anyway! ;-)
    You deserve a treat.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay