Monday, February 9, 2015

Carpet Cleaning

Got up a little after 7 am, had breakfast, and then vacuumed the front bedroom and dining area so I could start shampooing my carpet. Took me about an hour and 15 minutes to do while Hiker hid outside. While waiting for it to dry, she could not understand why I had those areas blocked off so she could not walk on them. What’s amazing is that I just had my carpets professionally cleaned 6 months ago and it is already filthy again. The water the shampooer sucked out of the carpet was black! I was told I should have it professionally cleaned at least once a year, but I’m not going to pay $300 a year to have it done when it’s filthy again in 6 months. I just hope I won’t be sore when I wake up tomorrow morning.
After lunch, the carpet was dry, so I vacuumed and raked it and then put the furniture back, and then I put Hiker in the car and went to buy my lottery tickets. I was beautiful outside. Too bad Hiker and I were not able to get out and walk or hike in it, but I want to get the carpet cleaning done and this week is perfect for it because it will be in the mid-70s to low 80s all week.
I won’t be cleaning any carpet tomorrow because I’m going to meet the group ladies for lunch. None of us are going to the group session, but we are meeting over at BJ’s Restaurant and Brewery.

1 comment:

  1. Carpet cleaning is a chore for sure. I can just see Hiker being nosy about why you blocked off those sections. Have fun with your friends at lunch.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay