Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Another Day Of Shampooing My Carpet

Slept in some this morning even though I needed to get up and shampoo the carpet in the living room. Started working on it right after breakfast and when I was done, Hiker and I watched Y&R in my bedroom while we waited for the carpet to dry. I left the front door and patio door open because it was in the mid-80s and very windy outside, so I figured that would help it to dry. So now all I have left to do is my bedroom. I’ll do that tomorrow.
I received several encouraging notes from friends and family yesterday about me making the decision to only go to the grief support group once a month or so. Several of them said they were glad to hear that I was moving on because they thought I was still attending every week because I was still in a deep grief and that they were worried about me. Actually, I pretty much moved on a long time ago, but was still attending the sessions every week for the social aspect. When I found out the other ladies were feeling the same way, I made my decision and want everyone to know that I am doing fine. I do feel that people do need grief groups for a while to be with others who totally understand their situation, but there does come a time that weekly sessions are no longer needed.
I had several widows on Facebook tell me that they too stopped going to groups or going to personal therapy about 3 to 3 ½ years after their spouses passed.
It was like summer here today and we are supposed to have the same weather for the next few days. Sure hope it doesn’t dry everything out. The hills are so green right now.

1 comment:

  1. Moving on is a step forward.I am glad the ladies and you will still meet, for social interaction.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay