Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sunny Saturday

Got into the shower last night and had a little bit of a crying episode. This time however, it didn't seem to last as long and I did not sob like I have before. When I got out of the shower, there was Hiker on the bed looking at me with those big brown eyes of hers. I really think she is going to help me through this “widow thing”. She has totally taken over Ben's easy chair. I had planned on moving it out to the patio, but now that she loves to lay in it so much, I may have to just leave it right where it is. Took Hiker on a walk this morning. For some reason she does not want to go potty while out on a walk. She sniffs everything but just won't do “her thing”. She seems to prefer to do it all in her own yard. I still had not had any mail delivery so I went over to the post office this morning and asked them to check to see if they were still holding my mail even though I had stopped by there last Wednesday and picked up the mail the were holding and asked them to resume my delivery. I was correct, the person who helped me that day did not “put me back into the system”, so they were still holding everything. They told me they have now put me back into the system and that my delivery will resume Monday. Hiker is proving to be a good guard dog. She won't let me out of her sight and she barks when she hears a noise outside or sees someone walk by. She was barking at the gardener today. I hate to tell her not to bark because I do want her to protect me. I took Hiker over to Placerita Canyon to just see how she'd do on the trail. I didn't go very far because it was hot. She seemed to do OK though. The pull handle on my master bath shower broke. I went over to Home Depot to see if they had a new handle but they told me they do not carry “shower door parts”....only complete shower doors. It had screws on one side that went into some kind of “rivet” thing. The “rivet” thing was the part that broke, so I had to “Mickey Mouse” it by putting some screws through it with washers and nuts. I could only fix the outside handle to pull the door open, so now there is no “push” handle on the inside. I'll just have to push the whole door. If it doesn't work very well, I'll have to get hold of my handyman to put a whole new door on or something. When I was eating lunch, something touched off a few tears for Ben. Hiker was sitting next to me and she looked at me and tilted her head like she was trying to understand why I was crying. Good dog.

2 comments:

  1. The very best thing about a dog? Well, when you step out of the shower and they see you...they can't tell anyone the horror stories! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay