Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thursday With My Brother


So far, last night was the worst I've had for not sleeping. I watched “CSI” and then went to bed at 11:00 pm. Was not at all sleepy so I turned the bedroom TV on. Not much on at that time of night. After midnight I got my laptop and surfed the web for about an hour. Turned off the TV and computer and tried to go to sleep, but nope....still wide awake. Took a sleep aid pill around 2:00 am and the last time I remembered looking at the clock, it read 3:00. Then to make things worse, I jolted awake a little after 5:00 am. Finally went back to sleep and got up a little after 8:00. I noticed while lying there in the darkness that I am now not just thinking about Ben not being in bed next to me, but I am also thinking about how nervous I am about Hiker coming home with me later this month. I know that once I get her home and she and I get to know each other, that things will be fine, but I worry about her getting used to her new home, about me getting her on a regular potty schedule, etc. My brother Keith got here a little after 11:00 today. We went out to lunch and then went by Wal-Mart. I wanted to buy a portable dog crate for when I go to pick up Hiker. Got a nice folding one and a nice mat to put inside for her to lay on. Also bought her a nylachewy bone. They told me that they would give me the collar and leash she is now using and also a little food to incorporate into whatever kind of food I buy her so she will adjust. Sat out on the patio in the afternoon. It started getting very cloudy again. Keith and I went out for a 3 miles walk this afternoon. He wanted to burn off some of the calories we ate when we had pizza for lunch.

Today's quote:
“Grief is not a disorder, a disease or a sign of weakness. It is an emotional, physical and spiritual necessity, the price you pay for love. The only cure for grief is to grieve”~ Earl Grollman

1 comment:

  1. I am sure that when Hiker arrives you will do just fine.Imagine,you will have a faithful companion for those hikes.Wishing for you a good night of rest.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay