Monday, October 31, 2011

It's Halloween

Hooray for Hiker! Last night after she and I had dinner, I was sitting watching TV and she was playing with her squeaky toy. She put the toy down, went to the patio door and looked at me. I asked her if she needed to go potty and she did that short little “yap” kind of bark. I let her out and she went wee wee. I went out and hugged her and praised her, telling her what a good dog she was. Maybe she is finally “getting it”. I made Hiker stay in bed longer this morning before I fed her and took her out for her walk. Going out before the sun comes up bothers me because last night when I took Hiker out to potty before we went to bed, I could hear the coyotes howling and I'm afraid they may be out and about in the riverbed near the park we walk to. After we got home, I made breakfast and then I cleaned house. This was the first time I had vacuumed since I got Hiker and I was not sure how she would react to it. At first she seemed OK but then started getting frightened and jumped on my bed and tried to hide. I got a call from my friend Karren yesterday. Her daughter and son-in-law want to buy Ben's beer tapper and our pool table for their game room. They are going to come on Sunday to take the tapper and to figure out how they are going to take the pool table as it is big and heavy. It is real slate so they will probably need about 10 strong men and a car hauler to get it out of my garage. I went out into the garage to find the pool balls and some other stuff that goes with the table and the tapper and I started crying my eyes out thinking about all of the times Ben and I would go out to the garage and play pool. We would be out there for hours on our days off. I expect the tears now every time I get rid of anything that Ben and I shared. My brother Ron called and told me about the Medicare Plans he is looking into. The government is really screwing the seniors on health insurance. But then, we are all getting screwed on health insurance. At least I have been sleeping better since I've gotten Hiker. I don't know if it's all the walks she takes me on or what, but I've been falling asleep on the sofa between 8:00 and 9:00 every night and then I go to bed and go right to sleep. Thank you Hiker. Hope Hiker does not go crazy tonight while the kids in the neighborhood are trick or treating. Ben and I stopping giving out candy years ago due to home invasions. I know I'm in a gated community, but I just feel safer not opening the door after dark. The family on the other side of the street always have a haunted house set up and just about everyone in the neighborhood goes there so there will be a lot of people on the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay