Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Very Nice Day

Went to bed at 8:30 pm last night as I was falling asleep on the sofa watching TV. Got up at 7 am and by 8 am, I was outside cleaning my rain gutters. I don't have leaves in them because I don't have trees that drop leaves into them, but there is always a lot of dirt in them, some from the roof shingles and some from the wind that blows here a lot of the time. After the gutters I had to come in and take a shower because I looked like a chimney sweep all covered with dirt and grime. After the shower, I cleaned my small bathroom and then I was pooped. I just cannot do a lot of work like I did when I was young. I remember when Ben and I were first married and we lived in a rental house, I would clean the house and then go right outside and mow the lawn. The old lady who lived across the street from us always called me “Spark Plug”. Now I just cannot keep going like I did 30 some years ago. After lunch, Hiker and I went over to Central Park for an afternoon walk. The weather was great. It was about 80° and the wind was blowing lightly. I love the wind as long as it does not get destructive. We get a lot of wind here in October which scares me because in October of 2007, there was a brush fire that roared through the hills north of us and Ben and I had to evacuate. Thank goodness some of the guys who live in our community got out the hoses and fought off the fire because the fire department never came into our community. While Hiker and I were at Central Park, I took her into the dog park because there were no other people or dogs there. I turned Hiker loose and she would run around some, but she kept looking back to see where I was and if I got more than 30 feet away from her, she came running back to me. I hope this cooler weather means Fall is coming.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about not being able to do what you could when you were younger. It's tough.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay