Thursday, October 24, 2013

Friday Eve

I am getting so mad at myself because I am getting to where I want to sleep until 8 am every day. I know that I'm retired and have no one to answer to but I was always so used to getting up early...4:00 am when I worked then no later than 7 am after I retired. I used to love to get up and head right out for a long walk or a hike on the mountain trails. Now I'm getting so lazy that all I want to do is sit on the couch and be on the computer or watch TV. That is NOT retirement is supposed to be. I feel bad for Hiker too because I'm not getting her out as much as I did before. When I let her outside, she will stop on the steps and look back at me as if asking “aren't you coming out to play?”. I need something to give me a kick-start again so I get out more. Was all socked in and overcast all morning, so that didn't help my mood much. The sun came out around noon so after lunch I took Hiker down to the park. Could not measure my walk because for some reason, the MapMyFitness app on my iPhone didn't want to connect. We just wandered around. Hiker sniffed everything.

2 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up so much about what you are doing in retirement. You're just going through a phase. If it changes back to before it does, if it doesn't it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you attribute your "laziness" (I don't think for one minute it's laziness!!!) to a change in medication or something, Kay? Or perhaps depression? I'm with TaryTerre... don't beat yourself up over it. But I understand where you're coming from as this behavior is unusual for you.... so you can't help but wonder what's wrong.

    I am NOT a morning person. Well, I should say that my "spirit" is a morning person but my body is not. My circadian rhythm is such that I awaken later in the morning & don't get my first energy boost until past noon. It's not that I get any less done in one day than anybody else & it's not that I'm lazy. It's just that my internal body clock is different. You can often find me dusting furniture at 10pm. I don't go to bed until around 2am or so... sometimes later.

    My favorite author, Gladys Taber, was the same way. When I found that out, I felt better about it. *lol*

    I hope you discover that nothing is wrong & that you're just "going through a phase". But again, I understand where you're coming from because you're not normally this way & I can see why it would bother you.

    Take care~ Andrea
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay