Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hump Day

Slept in until 8 am this morning. My stomach was feeling better but I was still having a little bit of a problem with it. I was afraid to get too far from home, so I didn't take Hiker out on a walk. I did however, go to the bank and also did my grocery shopping but didn't stay out very long because I wanted to be near a bathroom. I was bummed out because I could not get out with Hiker as it was such a beautiful day...in the mid 70s. After lunch I baked some brownies. Made the house smell really good. I've been having a sweet tooth lately. Decided I want to get back to reading some. I have never been an “avid” reader, but before Ben died, I did enjoy books by Nora Roberts and similar authors, but after he died, one of my signs of grief was not being able to read and remember what I had read. I'd read a couple of chapters and the next day, I did not remember what I had read, so had to start over. I tried to read one book a friend had given me 4 times and finally just gave up. Since I love the Hallmark TV series “Cedar Cove” I've decided to try reading the “Cedar Cove” series of books by Debbie Macomber. I can buy the used on Amazon so I ordered one of them today.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that your stomach isn't feeling quite right, Kay. Boy, do I know that feeling. Not so much as I'm older but when I was younger, my stomach would give me fits. I always told everyone I knew where every public bathroom was located in every grocery store in town. People would laugh but deep down inside it wasn't funny to me at all.... it was a pain in the.... well..... you know.... literally!!

    Anyway, hope the coming days find you feeling better & better.

    ~Andrea
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay