Monday, March 17, 2014

A Quake And A Hike...All In The Same Day

Woke up at 6 am and let Hiker outside and then fed her. Did not go back to bed because we had to get ready for a morning dog walk with Jean and her dogs. I was sitting on the edge of the bed getting dress and watching the local news. Hiker was on the floor at my feet. Suddenly the newscasters are saying there is an earthquake and I look at the TV and see their newsroom shaking like crazy, but I'm not feeling anything. I called Hiker up onto the bed with me because I'm figuring the shock from the quake just hasn't hit here yet, but I still don't feel, or hear anything. Hiker must have felt something because she had a frightened look in her eyes. Several of my neighbors, including Jean felt the 4.4 quake that was centered in Westwood, which is about 30 miles southwest of where I live. I have no idea why I didn't feel anything. Went on our dog walk with Jean and then came back home and did some housework. My friend Sandi came buy and took 2 sets of my Cal-King sheets. After lunch, Hiker and I drove over to Towsley Canyon and did a short 2 mile hike. It was about 82° here today.


5 comments:

  1. Oh those earthquakes would scare me! I think we could have them in West TN but don't think it too likely in middle TN. We get tornadoes though. You and Hiker keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the quake did not effect you. Dogs do sense these things though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is a good thing you did not feel that quake... baby shakes to pieces when it thunders or rains hard, she might expire from fright if the earth quaked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh. 30 miles away and you didn't feel it? I guess as a Virginian I figured that quakes are stronger than that. Glad you guys got out in that warm weather. 82 degrees sounds like heaven right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you didn't feel it too, Kay! That's the one thing I wouldn't like about living in California. Naturally in the news there has to be all the talk about "the big one" now, coming to Los Angeles at "any moment". Sheesh! They have to make BIG news where only little news exists, don't they?!!

    I see by your weather app here on your blog that it's only 64 degrees where you are today. It's 47 right now in northern Indiana so the gap isn't quite so large today, as it was yesterday. Altho I'd trade ya in a heartbeat!! *lol*

    Hope your good nights' rests are continuing on your new mattress, for you & Hiker.

    ~Andrea
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay