Saturday, March 15, 2014

New Bed Arrived

Slept in a little this morning. Got up and had some breakfast then put a load of laundry in the washer. I put Hiker's plush toys in the washer as they were all pretty dirty. She watched me put them in the washer and then watched me put them in the dryer. I told her she had to wait for them to get all clean and dry before she could have them back, so she kept going into the laundry room and looking at the dryer while it was running. When the dryer was done, Hiker came into the laundry room and as I pulled clothes out, she one-by-one pulled out her 6 toys and took them into the living room and then came back for the next one. Went outside and watered my tomato plant and it was such a beautiful morning. Came back in and did a little housework that I had been putting off. I kept wishing that the bed delivery would have been earlier in the day. Since my bed frame is adjustable for 3 different sizes of mattresses, I wanted to adjust it from the king size to the queen size, so I pulled the old mattress off of the bed and took the 2 box springs out (they were not heavy at all) and adjusted the frame so that it would be all ready when the delivery got here. I also wanted to vacuum under the bed since it doesn't get vacuumed very often. Wish I knew someone who has a Cal King mattress that I could give some of my sheets too. I have some sets of sheets that are not very old. It was so warm here today that I wore shorts. Got close to 85°. Delivery arrived at 3:20 pm which made me a very happy person. After they left, it took me about 30 minutes to put the new mattress cover on and get the new sheets and pillow cases out of the packages and make the bed. Only took me that long because it's hard to put a mattress cover on by yourself. That alone took me about 10 or 15 minutes. I cannot get over how much smaller this bed looks than my Cal king was. Ben and I had a queen bed years ago but after being used to sprawling out all over the king bed, it's going to take me awhile to get used to this. Hike keeps looking at the bed trying to figure out why it's different. Having stewed chicken and egg noodles for dinner.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the new bed. It sounds lovely. Hiker and you will both get used to it, sooner than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have a dual king and have for 30 years, not the same one, but one like it and it is a job to make it up alone, but i have done that for 30 years to.. i count that is my first exercise of the day, running round and round and back and forth...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well.... I'm dying to know, Kay. How was your first night's rest in your new bed? Did you feel rested when you got up this morning? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

    ~Andrea
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay