Friday, March 14, 2014

Bought A New Bed And Bedding

My neighbor Jean had to have her car serviced today and since we were planning on going out for me to shop for a new mattress, she was going to either get it done in the morning and come back home or call me from the dealership if they were going to keep her car awhile. She called and told me they needed it until after lunch so I went and picked her up at the dealer and we headed over to “Sit'n'Sleep”. I bought a Simmons Beautyrest Queen mattress and box springs set. It's the Frances Plush model which has the independent wrapped coils. When I was “testing” the mattresses out, I was so surprised how different they feel from my old ordinary mattress that Ben and I purchased about 15 years ago. It's amazing how much support they have now. “Sit'n'Sleep” has one of those bedMATCH™ diagnostic systems where you lie on the bed and it scans your body and analyzes what firmness you need according to your body shape and weight. Personally I've always preferred a bed that is not too soft and not too firm, one that is somewhere in the middle (like Goldilocks – LOL) and my report came out saying that was exactly what my scan said. The one I bought was on sale for $788.00 and they will delivery it tomorrow. We then drove over to Anna's Linens and I bought two sets of sheets, two queen size pillows, a mattress protector, and pillow protectors. We headed back to Santa Clarita and went to Topper's Pizza for lunch. Neither of us had been there before. They opened about 2 or 3 months ago. Jean got a personal pizza and a drink (about $6.00) and I got their “Quick Lunch” which is a personal pizza, one trip to the salad bar and a drink (about $8.00). The pizza was very good. Drove Jean back to the dealership to pick up her car and then headed home to Hiker. I hope since I'll have a smaller bed that Hiker won't hog it (LOL). She likes to spread out at night when she sleeps. Was 80° here today and they say we may hit 90° this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Hiker may have to adjust with a smaller bed. She'll wonder what happened to the other one. Your new one sounds wonderful. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay