Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Busy Wednesday

Up at 6 am, dressed and ready to go to my annual checkup with my primary doctor. My appointment was at 8:40 am so I was supposed to check in by 8:25 am, however, the lobby doesn't even open until 8:30 am. I like being the doctor's first patient because I always get there early which means he is not behind schedule because of other patients. He said I am doing pretty good, except for the fact that my cholesterol was up. He knows that I cannot tolerate statins, so he told me that he has other patients who have the same side effects I have with the statins. He started giving them Crestor once or twice a week instead of having them take it every day and he said it seems to be working for them. He asked me if I would be willing to try it that way and I said yes, so we will see how it goes. He said since Crestor is the strongest cholesterol lowering medication that it doesn't take as much to help lower the numbers. He also wants me to exercise more. I told him I've gotten lazy lately and do not walk and hike as much as I used too, plus he'd like me to try to lose at least 10 lbs. He told me next year he wants me to have a bone density test since I'll be 65 then. I had to go back over to Kaiser after lunch because the nurse was supposed to give me a fecal home test package and she forgot to do that, plus I had to go toe the Kaiser pharmacy and pick up the Crestor. Crestor must be made out of gold or platinum because it cost me $75 for a 30-day supply and that was with my Kaiser discount. I saw online where it can cost anywhere between $199 and $250 for a 30-day supply if you don't have insurance. When I got back from all of my errands, I took Hiker up to Todd Longshore Park for a short walk. I had promised her earlier today that I'd take her for a car ride and she thought she was going to go over to Kaiser with me and got all excited. So since she didn't get to go on that trip with me, I thought I'd take her to the park.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the new medicine is effective. LOVE the picture of Hiker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers that the new medicine will work, the 10# will come off without you hardly noticing the effort, and that you & Hiker have a beautiful spring!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay