Sunday, June 28, 2015

A Lazy Sunday

I had intended to stay in bed until around 8 am this morning. Was going to watch “CBS Sunday Morning”, but then decided to get up and take Hiker out for a walk before it got too hot.
When I let her outside at 6 am, it was already 70° and muggy. By the time we started out on our walk, the sun was coming out from behind some clouds. We did about a mile and a half and when we got home, I was drenched in sweat.
Did another load of laundry and then sat down to watch some movies on The Hallmark Channel.
Around 1 pm, Hiker wanted me to go outside with her and play. I took one step out the door and came right back in. It was MUGGY out there! I remember back when I was a little kid, I loved summertime. Probably because it meant no school for 3 months, but the heat never bothered me. We always had dry heat back then. I don’t ever remember it being humid. I’d play outside with the neighborhood kids and never even think about how hot it was, and I do remember times when it would be around 110° for several days in a row.
Hiker and I had a nice lazy Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in a humid climate with no air conditioning. Do not know how we survived. Staying cool is the name of the game. Glad you and Hiker stayed inside.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay