Friday, June 26, 2015

Hot Friday

Got up early to do our dog walk with Jean, but she was dog sitting 2 dogs, so we had a total of 6 dogs and we decided that we’d just let them all play in my back yard instead of going for the walk. It’s easy to handle 4 dogs, but not anymore than that.
After she and the other dogs headed home, I made some breakfast for me and Hiker and then I did some housework. I’d been putting of cleaning my master bathroom until after the handyman came to put in the new faucets.
I was very pleased with my new handyman Nate. He came very highly recommended, and I can see why. I’m not sure how old he is, but to me, he was young. He does nothing but handy work and he is very knowledgeable. He is very polite and gets right to work. He makes sure he keeps everything clean while he is working and he makes sure that when he leave, everything is cleaned up. I thought the price for his labor was very reasonable.
I had moved everything out from under the sinks before he got here and he was amazed that I had done so. He told me that usually when he gets to a job, he has to move everything away from the work site. He thanked me for doing that for him and told me that he’s going to remember that I did that and told me he will give me a discount from now on because I have the work site ready for him to start immediately.
I feel it is not the workers job to move everything before they can start working, except for maybe carpet layers. Big furniture is hard to move alone.
Too hot to go outside for exercise today, so I decided to do an hour of Wii Sports to at least me moving around some. Got up to 101° today. Supposed to cool down a little temperature-wise, but it’s supposed to get very humid, so it will be sticky, which is worse.

2 comments:

  1. It sure is nice to find a repair person who leaves the place neat and tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your handyman sounds terrific especially because he cleans up before he leaves. That is rare, indeed.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay