Friday, June 19, 2015

More Injecdtions

Up early for a short dog walk with Jean and her dogs. She came back around 9 am to pick me up to drive me down to my doctor’s appointment at Kaiser. Well, my right eye has started “seeping” again, so the doctor said I will have to have another injection. He said they were told the kind of injection he gave me last time (about 6 months ago) would last for a year, but he said they are finding that it only lasts for about 6 to 8 months. He wanted to give me the injection today, but I told him that I am on-call for jury duty next week and if I had to report Monday, my eye would be too blurry for me to drive down there. He said it was probably too late for me to notify the court about the problem, so he said I can come back in July to get the injection. So now I’ll probably have to have an injection every 4 to 6 months. That’s better than every month like before. So I go back on July 17th for the injection.
We headed back toward Santa Clarita and went to lunch at a place called Bricks. It’s a very small place that sells, burgers, salads and other sandwiches. It was “OK” but I don’t think I’d go back there again.
We then went up to New Leash On Life because Jean had some things to donate to them. Then we stopped by a new little hardware store in town because she needed a key made.
Got home around 2:15 pm and the electricity was not yet back on. It was about 84° in the house, 102° outside. The electricity came back on around 2:50 pm, so I turned the A/C on to get the house cooled down. When the electricity came back on, the smoke alarms beeped and Hiker came running and jumped on my lap. I could see in the bedroom where she had tried to hide in the corner early when I was not home and the electricity went off. I have her blanket folded in the corner and it was all messed up, so I figured she was trying to hide under it.
I have to check after 6 pm to see if I have to report for jury duty Monday. Not looking forward to that.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you have to have more injections. But if it helps your eyes that is what is important. Glad Hiker was ok following the power outage. Had to be scary for her with you not there.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay