Saturday, June 6, 2015

Community Annual Yard Sale Day

Hiker and I were up at 4:30 am this morning. Our community has an annual garage sale. It always starts at 7 am, but it takes a while to get all set up, plus some people start coming in around 6 am.
Hiker and I always take the few items we have to sell up to my neighbor Jean’s house. She likes to park her car in my driveway to give her room for what she is selling, so that’s why I take my stuff to her house.
The sun wasn’t even up yet when Hiker and I went over to her house, but the neighborhood was already buzzing with residents setting up for the sale.
Jean always has a lot of stuff that she tries to sell. I usually only have a few things and that’s how it was this year. I never really expect to sell anything, but it is nice when I do. I made $26.00 which isn’t a lot, but it’s not bad for doing nothing but sitting around and chatting with neighbors and visitors all day. What I didn’t sell, I’ll give to charity.
Hiker was a very good girl during the sale. For the first hour, she was inside the house with Jean’s dogs, but once we were done setting up, I brought her outside with us. She always sits right next to my lawn chair and she always behaves. Everyone is always telling me what a pretty dog she is and how well behaved she is. She always makes me proud.
She seems to be fully recovered from whatever was wrong with her paw yesterday. Have no idea what she did to it while we were out walking and she started limping really bad. Never did find a sticker or anything in her paw. Thought maybe she had twisted her hip, so I massaged it for her last night and did some stretches with her leg. But I’m so glad she was back to her old self this morning.
The yard sale goes from 7 am to 2 pm, but by 1 pm, no one seemed to be coming by, so we decided to quit and put everything away, and Hiker and I came home. Hiker acted like she was so exhausted. Guess she had a long day (LOL). It has been a L-O-N-G day. She and I will both be sleepy early tonight.

Getting set up for the yard sale


The shoppers start to arrive


Hiker watching all of the people

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay