Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Another Tuesday...Another Grief Group Meeting

I sure wish the damn tears would stop already. Last evening I just kept crying and Hiker had no idea what to do for me. I feel like I'm getting dehydrated from all of the tears. I seem to be crying more in the past week or two than I have in the past month. I also wish that Hiker would stop peeing on the carpet. She had two accidents yesterday. One of them may have been because she was so upset about the trick or treaters. I do not give out candy anymore, but she was going crazy last night because of all of the noise outside. I went to my grief support group this morning. All of the regulars were there. When I got home, Hiker was excited to see me because she had been in the garage alone for 3 hours. Took her for an afternoon walk since I didn't taker her out for very long this morning. When I got her home, I took her collar off for awhile because I noticed that she scratches around the collar a lot. I'm guessing that having it around her neck all of the time could be irritating. I've been reading up on Hiker's breed and I found that “Australian Cattle Dog” is a generic. She is more known as a “Queensland Heeler” and that her breed is a mixture of cattle dog and dingo. Dingoes are free-roaming wild dogs in Australia. Her breed is known to be very intelligent and very independent. They form a strong attachment with their owners and can be protective of them and their possessions, which is good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay