Saturday, November 19, 2011

Carpets & Crying


For some reason I was extremely sleepy last night. Hiker and I went to bed around 8:30 pm. She woke me up around 4:30 am to go outside and pee. Got up around 7:00 and it was very cloudy and gray outside. Looked like it could rain at any moment, so I put her leash on her and headed out for a short walk and hurried back in case the rain started. She doesn't care if her walks are short or long, just as long as she gets out for awhile. I was “attacked” by a crying jag while out walking this morning. Good thing I was not on the main trail where other people could see me because this was a “sobbing” one. Came back home and made breakfast and then got to work. Since I am going to try to get the chair bed soon, I wanted to shampoo the carpet in the computer room where the chair will be. Also shampooed the carpet in the hallway and the dining area. I used to shampoo the carpet in the entire house years ago but decided this time, I'll do it a few rooms and areas at a time. No need to hurry anymore. Hiker didn't know what to think of the shampooer. She already does not like the vacuum. Well, I guess I was wrong about saying that I didn't think I was crying as much anymore for Ben because I had a huge “melt down” today. Poor Hiker didn't know what to think, she was all over me trying to get me to play with her. I do know though that these major crying jags do not come as often as they once did. I had to yell at Hiker for digging again. I don't hit her. She has pretty much finally gotten the idea about going potty outside, but I'm still having trouble with her digging. I have tried burying some of her poop in the holes she digs and that detours her from those old holes, but then she starts new holes. I've looked online of things to do to try to get her to stop digging, but none of them seem to be working. She does not dig to bury things, she digs to look for worms to eat. Took Hiker out for a second walk this afternoon and we did 1.5 miles. She and I went out in the yard when we got back and I chased her around for awhile. I like to try to get her worn out so she will sleep through the night. Ben thinking about trying to make a lemon/butter sauce for some baked tilapia tonight for dinner. I've been looking at some recipes online for the sauce.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is very normal to still have some sobbing spells. After a year I still get them occasionally,but thankfully not as often and not for so long. Hope your Sunday goes well.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Kay